Study Visa

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. You must have a student visa to study in the United States. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F-1 visa or an M-1 visa.

Visa Category: F-1

  • University or college
  • High School
  • Private elementary school
  • Seminary
  • Conservatory
  • Another academic institution, including a language training program

Visa Category: M-1

  • Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution, other than a language training program

Before Applying Student Visa of USA: 

  1. You need to admit in a college or university.
  2. Once applicants are accepted to a university, they will send you a SEVIS-generated Form I-20.
  3. When you are accepted by the U.S. school you plan to attend, you will be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
  4. You must pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee.
  5. Each person receives an individual Form I-20 which s/he must bring to the Embassy at the time of interview.

How to Apply:

All nonimmigrant visa applicants worldwide must use the online DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form. Access the DS-160 here, by clicking:  Consular Electronic Application Center website.

You can get help to complete the the DS-160 from here.

Documents while completing the DS-160:

  • Passport
  • Résumé or Curriculum Vitae – You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history.
  • Other Information – Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.

Photograph Requirements:

Your photo is a vital part of your visa application. Your photos or digital images must be:

  • In color
  • Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
  • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
  • Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
  • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
  • With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
  • Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
  • Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
  • Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
  • Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
  • If you normally wear glasses (without tinted lenses), a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
  • Dark glasses or glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable.
  • Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.

After completing the DS-160, you must take these next steps below:

  • Print and keep the DS-160 confirmation barcode page.
  • You must schedule a visa interview appointment.
  • Pay the visa application processing fee.

Schedule an Interview:

Applicants are required to schedule their appointments through our service provider Saimon Group.

What to Bring to Saimon Overseas

  • A clear photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page and any passport-validity renewal amendment stamps. Your passport must be valid for six months beyond the period of your intended stay in the United States. You should also bring your original passport(s) to Saimon Overseas.
  • One photograph for each application. Photo requirements (PDF 60 KB)
  • Two sets of DS-160 Confirmation Pages (barcodes must be readable)
  • Non-immigrant visa application fee by visa classification (in Taka equivalent)

Consular Fees:

For Non-Immigrant Visa pay $200 (in Taka equivalent) at www.fmjfee.com

Supporting Documents:

  • Passport with at least 6 months validity beyond their intended stay in the U.S with all previous passport
  • They have a residence outside the United States as well as other family, social and economic ties that will ensure their return at the end of their visit. Even applicants who wish to visit the United States for business or official travel will need to demonstrate their personal ties to Bangladesh.
  • Bank Statements
  • Intent to return: Applicants can do this by showing evidence of their own family, economic, property and/or other social ties to a country outside the U.S.
  • Students are encouraged to bring school transcripts, copies of applications, TOEFL and SAT scores, etc.

Financial Assets: In order to qualify for a student visa, the applicant must show that he/she has funds available to pay for the first year of study and a continuing source of funds for the remaining years of study

Additional Information for getting admission in college/university of USA:

Admission Session: 

  1. January Session (For January session you need to start processing before 8/10 month ago)
  2. September Session (For September session you need to start processing before 8/10 month ago)

Common Admission Eligibility for USA: 

  • For undergraduate programs a student should have completed 10 + 2.
  • For Graduate programs the students must have completed 16 years of education i.e. 10+2+4.
  • Some institutes accept 15 years of formal education into their Bridge or Masters program.
  • The student must have good scores in entrance exams like SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc
  • The language proficiency test scores should be –TOEFL score of 90 and above for Postgraduate and80 above for Undergraduate studies. IELTS score of 6 and above for Undergraduates and 6.5 and above for Postgraduates studies. Score for GRE should be 1200 – 1600 and for GMAT score 580- 650
  • Tuition fees should be from 13500 US$ to 18000US$ per year
  • For research with PhD students, you must provide Good academic result , all through 1st class ( SSC + HSC ), 2nd class ( Graduation & Post Graduation level ), IELTS – 6.0 – 7.0+, Minimum Three publication at English or Bengali  Newspaper according his/her chosen field for PhD, Work experience 1 year, Thesis paper and 3 reference letter.


We represent colleges / universities of USA:

  • Harvard University, MA
  • Princeton University, NJ
  • Yale University, CT
  • Columbia University, NY
  • Stanford University, CA
  • University of Pennsylvania, PA
  • California Institute of Technology, CA
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA
  • Darmouth College, NH
  • Duke University, NC
  • Berkley College, NY
  • Brooklyn College, NY
  • Florida Institute of Technology
  • City University of New York
  • Washington University
  • Wichita State University
  • Naugatuck Valley Community College
  • Lamar State University
  • New Mexico State University
  • The University of Texas at Arlington
  • Berkeley College